- Bumble BFF: The Bumble BFF feature makes it possible for users to meet new friends on the platform. The name suggests that users can swipe profiles to find their BFF rather than a dating partner.
- Bumble Bizz: Bumble Bizz is another part of the app that enables users to add their verified photographs, skills, services, as well as their resume. It helps users network with other like-minded individuals and grow professionally.
- Web: The Bumble mobile app also has a website where the users can log in through their browser. This offers augmented ease and another simplified way to connect.
Useful Bumble App statistics
Last year, Bumble reached 100 million users, becoming the top competitor to Tinder. Just like Tinder, Bumble also allows its users to swipe right and show interest in a profile. However, the former is considered to be more of a casual dating app. Bumble, on the other hand, aims to build quality and lasting relationships that nurture well.
- Currently, Bumble has 42 million active users. Out of these, 1.2 million have subscribed to the app’s premium version.
- In 2020, Bumble generated $337 million in revenue, marking a 40% increase y-o-y.
- Also, last year, the Bumble app was downloaded 19 million times worldwide.
- Bumble has a 19% ong the how to delete flingster account various US online dating apps.
- On average, Bumble brings in annual revenue of $ per paying user.
There are several dating applications available on the ong millennials as they do a great job of bringing people together. Here, we will look at these popular apps that are also the most significant competitors to Bumble.
Tinder (Android; iOS)
Tinder was founded in 2012 by the Match Group. Being one of the oldest dating apps, Tinder fundamentally transformed the online dating scenario. Currently, it has 6.2 million paying users and is the biggest competitor to Bumble.
Hinge (Android; iOS)
Currently, Hinge is the fastest-growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Also launched in 2012, the app focuses on meaningful connections rather than one-night stands or friendships. It comes with an intuitive and sleek UI/UX design.
OkCupid (Android; iOS)
OkCupid is another dating app that the Match Group manages. The app has a growing customer base built around an algorithm that analyzes the answers to over 3000 questions to match the most compatible people.
Match (Android; iOS)
Launched in 1995, Match is among the pioneers of online dating sites. The platform enables users to find incredible matches and get to know each other well. Apart from the typical messenger conversations and emails, the app lets members play various online games with each other to spark a relationship.
Happn (Android, iOS)
Happn is a big competitor of Bumble that comes with a range of unique features. It enables the users to find and connect with someone that they have already crossed paths. Happn uses GPS technology to track every move.
How Bumble App Makes Money – Business Revenue Model
In a short period, Bumble has been able to generate a hefty amount of revenue. Essentially, the app follows three monetization techniques:
- Advertisement s
Bumble mobile app places advertisements inside the app to encourage users to engage with different brands. When the user clicks on these ads, the app generates revenue.
Bumble offers premium subscription plans for a certain amount of fee. Once the user purchases the subscription, he gains unrestricted access to special app features otherwise not available in the free version.
The in-app purchase integration is another excellent way to monetize the app. For instance, Bumble offers Bumble Coins, a type of in-app currency that can be used to avail special features like Super Swipes or Spotlight. Other than this, many different items can also be incorporated within the app to purchase.